|Chicken meat||400 grams|
|Sweet soy sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Cashew nuts, fried||100 grams|
|Spur chilies||3 each|
|Spring onion plants||5 each|
|Garlic, finely chopped||1 tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Chicken stock||3 tablespoons|
|Cooking oil||2 tablespoons|
|Dried big chilies, cut into ½-inch pieces||1-2 each|
- Clean and cut chicken meat into thin slices. Marinate with fish sauce and sweet soy sauce for about 20 minutes. Toast the meat until 70% cooked.
- Clean and slide cut chilies. Clean and cut the spring onions into ½-inch-long pieces by separating leaves from lower parts of the plants. Peel and chop onion into ½-cm pieces.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok on a heat. Add chopped garlic and fry it until its color turns yellow. Add the chicken meat, onion, fish sauce, salt, chilies, and the lower parts of spring onion. Add about two tablespoons of chicken stock if the mixture is too dry.
- Add cashew nuts and spring onion leaves. Fry all together. Remove from the heat.
Correct Characteristics of Kai Pad Med Mamuang Himmapan:
- Chicken meat must be tender and brown from the color of sweet soy sauce. It must be toasted first to prevent unpleasant smell.
- This dish should not taste sweet or be added with oyster sauce. Cashew nuts must be crispy while onion must be well-cooked. The meat should absorb the marinate sauce and taste mild.
- Chicken meat must be toasted until medium rare, not well-done, or it will be rubbery when fried with other ingredients.
- Fried big dried chilies should be used for the taste of slight spiciness and pleasant fragrance.
Kai Phad Med Mamuang Himmapan can be eaten either with rice or pasta by putting on top of Chinese egg noodles (Bami) or spaghetti.
How to Serve:
Serve in a plate for 3-4 servings. Top with fried dried chilies.
Serve either as the first course or with the main meal for eating with rice
Kai Phad Med Mamuang Himmapan on top of Chinese Egg Noodles
Kai Phad Med Mamuang Himmapan on top of Spaghetti
Name Derivative :
Kai Phad Med Mamuang Himmapan is named according to its main ingredients: Kai (chicken) and Med Mamuang Himmapan (cashew nuts) – and its cooking method – Phad (frying).
Nutritional and Medicinal Properties of Herbs used in Kai Phad Med Mamuang Himmapan:
Prik Kee Noo (Fresh hot Chili Peppers)
Hot chili peppers give the uniquely hot taste and aroma of Thai cooking. It is the star ingredient of most dishes. Almost every dish will taste better with a small addition of these tiny hot chili peppers. Tom Yam and Tom Kha cannot be made without them.
Medicinal properties : Relieves diarrhea, stimulates digestion and the heat, increases blood flow to taste buds and thus increases appetite, relieves infection, dissolves blood clod, and prevents intestinal cancer.
Almost all Thai dishes - soups, curries, salads, sauces and pan-fried dishes – contain garlic.
Medicinal properties : Cures and prevents atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, aids digestion, relieves cold symptoms, fights some intestinal parasites, helps heal wounds, fights infections, strengthens heart, and clears chest congestion.
as ingredient in Yam, Khao Phat and other Thai dishes.
Medicinal properties : Used as an antiseptic, also used against coughs.